9.4.06

walking deead

score


from:

Can you please send a message of hope to this site- I occasionally browse the blogs and always make a point of reading your posts but today I happened on this when I hit "next blog." It is strange and anti-Christian but I am thinking that somehow this woman can be reached but I do not know how.

http://doyoulikewords.blogspot.com/

Robert Abdulavitch

By Anonymous, at 8/05/2005 10:21 AM

------------------------------------------

Hi Robert,

I've actually seen that blog before, and looked over some of the articles to see if I could find an open door, but could never find one. Unfortunately that persons seems motivated by contempt and strife:

"He who corrects a scoffer gets shame for himself, and he who rebukes a wicked man only harms himself.
"Do not correct a scoffer, lest he hate you; rebuke a wise man, and he will love you."

(Prov 9:7-8)

I did take another look, and still saw nothing that looked like an opening. But if it comes up again I'll look again.

By loren, at 8/05/2005 12:44 PM

----------------------------------

Why don't you write a comment on my blog instead of looking down your nose at me?

"They Will Know We Are Christians by Our Love" ...of self? "Judge not lest..."

You don't know much about me. I invite you to critique my words. That is why I post them. That is how conversations work. You don't need an 'in' to save me. If your message is so powerful it will speak, but why are you afraid to let it stand alone?

Sorry, don't mean to be so rude. But I don't like people saying I am not open.

My blog is an Xian blog too, though I'm breaking taboos in the way I approach it.

Non-christians wouldn't find an image of christ giving the finger perticularly interesting. People like you and me, raised with that imagery, do find it meaningful.

Anyway, I welcome comments on my blog, even if I disagree with them. I promise to make an effort to reply in a more coherent and constructive manner of writing than the blog posts themselves. Though I also may turn your words into my own artwork.

I am interested in:
-tricksters [such as christ, but more so in less polluted traditons, less polluted by power]
-work ethics [problematic, illusion]
-individual versus collective [the important questions]
-meaning [imperialistic?]
-truth [is it possible?]
-apocalyptic ideas [so hip these days]
-immediate environment [politics]
-love [absurd]
-emptiness [what is god?]
-relationships [reality]
-words

Anyways I apologise to anyone who takes personal insult from the images/words I use. I'm not intending that, you're misinterpreting me. With 6 billion people I think we need to really re-evaluate a lot of assumptions. Humans have these nasty xenophobic tendancies. We seem to need to see evil before we can see good.

I think there really is such thing as good and it is not defined by evil. The binary is a misunderstanding of love. To define love as simply not hate is something silly.

"wise men are fools"
-jebus

By Not Me, at 4/09/2006 5:19 PM

2 комментария:

Cleopas комментирует...

I wonder if you noticed that I left that remark over two years ago? Being a person who pursues peace and avoids strife when possible, I simply avoided it. And in more ways than one:

'Robert', who left the original comment on my blog, was a ficticious name for a meddlesome person who simply wanted to see you and I fight it out, and sit back and laugh about it. I don't think it's right to reward people for behaving that way, do you? There are too many problems in the world because of such things.

But also, and very regretably, I can't say that my conclusion was entirely wrong in your direction. After all, it has been two years. Why are you pursuing this now? I really hope you're not going to give a laugh to 'Robert' after all, after such a long time. Regardless of our differences, I think we are both better than that.

Or let me ask you. Do you really want to start an open, respectful discussion? I can't do it every night, but as long as we're both civil I'm open to more. Thoughts please?

Loren

BTW, what is your real name? It's too easy to become uncivil when we hide behind our monickers. Loren is my real name.

Not Me комментирует...

Hi Loren,

I'm not sure how I missed your comment, this is just a blog where I write random thoughts and I don't take it very seriously. AFAIK there has only ever been one reader who wasn't a close friend of mine. But I guess that person and you would make two. Thanks.

You seem like a thoughtful person. I don't remember what any original arguments might have been. Please don't take anything I write very seriously, I'm just being playful even if sometimes with "dark" ideas. It sort of helps to write things down, I find, then one can look at it afterwards to discover what the heck it might be about.

This is the closest I can provide to my real name:
Hanlon's Razor:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.